EDP Centre-An Overview
1. System administration of Web Based Centralized Material management package i.e. iMMS and implementation and training to staff of its different modules in DMW.
2. System administration of Web Based Centralized Accounting information package i.e. AIMS , troubleshooting of its different modules and training to staff in DMW.
3. System administration of Web Based Centralized office management package i.e. e-office and training of its different modules to the staff in DMW.
4. Maintenance of the Computer Systems including PC based Systems, Printers, Scanners and other Peripherals of DMW through centralized AMC.
5. Provision of the Technical vetting of Hardware items related to computers & printers.
6. Provision of LAN facilities to the officers and staff of DMW as per priority and maintenance of the network.
7. Maintenance of DMW Website through CRIS/New Delhi and to interact with users as per Vigilance and Railway Board directives.
8. Procurement of Hardware for EDP & Software / licenses for Operating System & Application Software for whole DMW.
9.To impart Computer Awareness training to the staff through local agencies.
10.Railnet is available to provide Internet facilities in the Administrative Building and Workshop; however Lease Line obtained by ASTE from BSNL is available to deal with exigencies.
11. To operate and maintain servers installed for the historical databases of all three packages i.e. MMIS, AFRES & PRIME running before implementation of AIMS and iMMS.
12. Data Base Administration of PRIME, AFRES & MMIS packages and backup management of these packages.
ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING CENTRE
Duties and Responsibilities