MISSION STATEMENT OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT, DMW
Total patient satisfaction through humane approach and shared commitment of every single doctor and paramedic to provide quality health care using modern and cost effective techniques and technologies.
Chief Office Supdt.-I
Total No of beds in DMW hospital are 50
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Medical Department of Diesel Loco Modernisation Works provides comprehensive health care services to its employees both serving, retired and their family members.
· Provision of curative, preventive, promotive and Industrial Health Services to Railway beneficiaries.
· Occupational health services, including pre-employment and in-service Periodical Medical Examinations, examination under Workmen’s Compensation Act, monitoring of safety environment of works etc.
· Medical relief during Railway accidents.
· Reproductive and Child Health Services including Family Welfare and immunization of vulnerable groups.
· Implementation of National Health Programmes.
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT DMW
Medical Department in DMW renders comprehensive health care services to approximately 16,500 beneficiaries, which includes serving and retired employees and their dependents and also to provide the medical and health care services as :
- · 50 bedded hospital.
- · Hospital is centrally located in DMW township.
- · A First Aid Post in the workshop.
- · Chief Medical Officer is the head of Medical Department. There are 08 posts of doctors, one HVS (ENT), one DentalSurgeon and one Homeopath Physician.
MEDICAL FACILITIES IN DMW HOSPITAL
· OPD - Provides specialties as well as general out patient service with average attendance of 300 patients daily. Round the clock ambulance service is available in Hospital and Workshop premises.
· Dental Unit - One fully equipped Dental Unit is operational with part time Dental Surgeon.
· Specialist Services in Indoor – A 50 bedded hospital, includes 4 post-operative and 8 critical care beds. Provide Medical, Surgical,Gynae&Obst., ENT services to its patients.
· Emergency Ward - Well equipped emergency unit functions round the clock.
· First Aid Post - One first aid post inside the workshop with round the clock ambulance service.
· Imaging Investigation - Radiological X-ray, Dental X-ray, ECG.
· Pathology - Performing haematology, bio-chemistry & serological test facilities with semi, auto analyzer and Cell counter.
· Operation Theatre - Performing all major surgical operation in General Surgery, Gynae. &Obst.,ENT, etc. Operation Theatre is well equipped with Anesthesia work station, multipara monitor, Pulse Oximeter, Cardiac Monitor, Advance Laparoscopy units etc.
· Physiotherapy - Providing physiotherapy services with SWD M/c, Ultra Sound diathermy, Interferential Therapy, Wax therapy, Intermitted Traction & Various Exercisers.
· Family & Child Welfare - Performing Sterilization operations, provides Antenatal & Postnatal Care and routine immunization and Family Welfare
· Special Drives - Pulse Polio, School health, periodic check up of staff working in shops.
· Mortuary - Two chamber A.C. Mortuary.
· Library- A small Medical Library is available in DMW Hospital.
· Services out-sourced :
1. Biomedical waste disposal
· Institutions recognised for advance health care services:-
1. Patiala Heart Care, Patiala
2. Amar Hospital, Patiala
3. Fortis Hospital, Mohali
4. Max Hospital, Mohali
5. Indus Hospital, Mohali
6. Sri Guru Harkishan Sahib Charitable Eye Hospital, Sohana
7. Guru Nanak Mehar Eye Hospital, Patiala
8. Columbia Asia Hospital, Patiala
9. Ivy Hospital, Mohali
Duties of Medical Officers:
§ Include administrative andclinical work.
§ Health education and preventive health services are also provided by Medical Officers.
§ Medical examination of candidates, employees is being conducted regularly.
§ The duties are rotated periodically to ensure overall development of all Medical Officers.
Duties of Medical Staff :
§ Duties of staff can be accessed at website http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/uploads/directorate/health/pdf/Important%20Circulars%202015/29.pdf